Customers who use HOPZERO services are trusting us with their information. We take this trust seriously and understand the responsibility to work hard to protect your information.
We develop software to help users know where their data is going and how to secure it. Our services include:
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
THINGS YOU PROVIDE TO US
When you create a HOPZERO Account, you provide us with personal information that includes your name, company and an email address to receive updates about our services. We also request documents, spreadsheets or other forms of network information which are treated as private information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we receive from you for the following purposes:
We use the information you provide to perform and improve the delivery of our services to you.
We use the information you provide to help us develop new products or services. For example, understanding how and what information requests should be added to our analyzer, reports and maps.
COMMUNICATING WITH YOU
We use information we collect, such as email, to interact with you directly. We may send you a notification when a report is available or let you know about upcoming changes or improvements to our services. HOPZERO will keep a record of your request to help solve any issues you might be facing.
PROTECT HOPZERO AND OUR USERS
We use information to help improve the security and reliability of our services. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm HOPZERO, our users, or the public.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
The HOPZERO ShareFile Dashboard allows you to manage your files and settings associated with your account.
The “Recent Files” window shows you what files you’ve uploaded and the folders you’ve accessed.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMAITON
Personal settings allows you to manage your contact information, such as your name, email, and password. Personal Security settings allows you to change your security question or add two-step verification to your account.
INFORMATION SHARED WITH OTHERS
HOPZERO does not share any sensitive personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of our organization without your explicit consent.
We will share personal information outside of HOPZERO if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of HOPZERO, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners — like publishers, advertisers, developers, or rights holders. For example, we share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
HOPZERO products are built with strong security features that continuously protect your information. We work hard to protect you and HOPZERO from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold, including:
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit
- We offer 2 Step Verification to help you add security to your account
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
- We restrict access to personal information to HOPZERO employees who need that information order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
We retain data for limited periods on demonstration accounts. Accounts who have paid for data Analysis are subject to the terms of their contract which is normally one year. Customers should download their data and perform their own archive.
Your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy. Our services comply with certain legal frameworks relating to the transfer of data, such as the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks.
WHEN THIS POLICY APPLIES
- The information practices of other companies and organizations that advertise our services
- Services offered by other companies or individuals, including products or sites that may include HOPZERO services, be displayed to you in search results, or be linked from our services
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY